If you like your Ubuntu green and with loads of extra add-ons, you'll be chuffed to bits with Linux Mint 7, codenamed Gloria. Highlights include a new 'suggestions' feature in the mintMenu panel that tries to guess what you want to do. There's also a "featured applications" panel in mintInstall that lists useful apps that you might not have heard of, while mintUpdate can now show changelogs from Mint-specific packages, and not just Ubuntu.
- Shiny welcome screen to "point new users in a few directions"
- The rtfm command is now just a link to man
- This is the default icon set
- Firefox includes the Moonlight plugin
- Package repositories are now signed
Obviously one of Linux Mint's strengths is the fact that it includes codecs and other extras. But we'd like to hear from regular Minters: is there anything else about the distro that you love? Why did you try it originally?
You should follow us on Identi.ca or Twitter