Podcast Season 1 Episode 18
Title: Linux Convicts
In this episode: We talk about the recent Linux conferences we've attended, the final versions of both Moblin 2.0 and Gnome 2.28 and discuss whether Linux is bloated. Our Open Ballot asks 'Are distro release cycles too short?' and Andrew finds a surprisingly practical 'Discovery of the Fortnight'.
What's in the show
- News: We talk about the recent OSCON, LinuxCon and OpenSUSE conferences we've been lucky enough to attend. Intel releases the final version of Moblin 2.0 for netbooks and Gnome 2.28 may be the last release before 3.0 appears next year.
- Hot Topic: Linux is bloated, says Linus.
- Discovery of the week:
- Mike: Highlight search results with grep --color
- Graham: Version 7 of the GNU Debugger supports reverse debugging
- Andrew: Save money shopping online with the Invisible Hand Firefox extension
- Open Ballot: Are distro release cycles too short?
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to to 55% - that's just $7.62 an issue!
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Paul Hudson, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders