Title: The Sound of Fail
In this episode: Google releases the source code to its new operating system, Chrome OS. The Fedora 12 distribution makes its way onto the mirrors and The Gimp is too powerful and too complex for Ubuntu 10.04. We present the results of our two-week Bing research project and ask whether we'd switch to Bing if it was the only place to find News Corp. coverage.
What's in the show
- News: Google releases the source code to its Chrome operating system. Fedora 12, Constantine, has been released and The Gimp might be dropped from Ubuntu 10.04.
- Hot Topic: The results from our Bing challenge.
- Discovery of the week:
- Mike: The futility of libgwenhywfar's name.
- Graham: Conky, for ultra-cool system monitoring.
- If it wasn't for a conflict of interest, it would be
Brain Party on Apple's iPhone.
- ...otherwise, it's that tar xvf works for both .gz files and .bz2 files automatically.
- Open Ballot: Microsoft/News Corp deal - would you switch to Bing?
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to
to 55% - that's just $7.62 an issue!
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Paul Hudson, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders
Subscribe to the TuxRadar Podcast. Choose between Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
You should follow us on Identi.ca or Twitter