Title: Mike May Vary
In this episode: Sony was legally allowed to remove the 'Other OS' feature from the Playstation 3, according to Australian lawmakers. Glibc is now really free and KSplice gets into Fedora. We report back from the mid-point of our games development challenge, and ask, what's your favourite Linux improvement?
What's in the show:
- You Dare Us:
At the mid-point in our four week development cycle, we report on how things are going with our games creation challenge.
- Discovery of the week:
- The Gimp's user-interface isn't quite as good as it should be.
PiratePad.net is excellent, and better than Google Wave for online collaboration.
Paul has discovered that he really does hate Python.
- He nearly bought a Stylophone in a shop in Bristol.
- Burgers at Start the Bus in Bristol are really nice.
- And there's no logic in train ticket prices.
- In the Hot Seat:
Mike's first Hot Seat challenge since returning from Germany.
- Open Ballot: what's your favourite Linux improvement?
All your thoughts, and ours, on what Linux has achieved over the last 12 months.
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to 40%
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Paul Hudson, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders.
Subscribe to the TuxRadar Podcast. Choose between Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
Music by Brad Sucks.
You should follow us on Identi.ca or Twitter