Podcast Season 2 Episode 23
Title: Join us!
In this episode: The KDE team rebrands KOffice into the Calligra Suite. OpenSUSE unveils a rolling release version of its distribution and Google's Chrome OS has been delayed until next year. This time, we remember our discoveries, and ask whether next year might really be the year of Linux on the desktop. Also, would you like to be part of the team?
What's in the show:
The KDE team has rebranded KOffice, and you should refer to it as the Calligra Suite. OpenSUSE has announced a rolling release version of its famous distribution, and it's called Tumbleweed. The Linux Foundation's latest kernel report states that over 70% of contributions come from paid developers. And Google's Chrome netbook operating system has been delayed until next year.
- Discovery of the week:
- GOOGLE'S IMPENDING CHROME NOTEBOOK WON'T HAVE A CAPS LOCK KEY!!!LOL!
- In KDE 4.5, you need to unlock the widgets to be able to change the desktop background mode.
- Insight3D lets you build 3D models using lots and lots of digital photos.
- You Dare Us:
Hear how we fared with last episode's challenge to use an unfamiliar operating system.
- In the Hot Seat:
- Open Ballot: will 2011 be the year of Linux on the desktop?
- Job Offer: If you're interested in playing a central role in the the future of both Linux Format magazine and TuxRadar.com, take a look at this job advert for our new staff writer position.
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to 40%
- Mike clambers over the barricade to fall into the chair of chance.
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders.
Music by Brad Sucks.