Podcast Season 2 Episode 3
Title: SUSE SUSE Studio
In this episode: Version 2.6.33 of the Linux kernel is here and it includes a new 3D accelerated Nvidia graphics driver. Canonical's online music store will only provide MP3 files, and Apple sues Android partner, HTC. We report back on our experiences with SUSE Studio and answer our critics in the Closed Ballot.
What's in the show
- News: Version 2.6.33 of the Linux kernel has been released and includes the Nouveau Nvidia graphics card driver and support for Nintendo's Wii and Gamecube consoles. Canonical's upcoming online music store will only provide MP3 files and Apple sues HTC.
- You Dare Us:
- We report back on our experiences of building our own distributions with SUSE Studio and pick a new challenge for the next episode. Torrents for our creations can be found here:
- Discovery of the week:
- Mike: Too many symlinks spoil Debian's alternatives system.
- Graham: Bliss, for automatically grabbing album art.
- In the Hot Seat
- This episode's unwilling volunteer is Graham Morrison. And we forget to mention that it's Paul's turn next time.
- Closed Ballot: Why are we so negative?
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to to 55% - that's just $7.62 an issue!
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Paul Hudson, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders
Music by Brad Sucks.