Podcast Season 2 Episode 4
Title: Penguins Are Doing Time
In this episode: Gnome's Guadec and KDE's Akademy are getting back together in 2011, and they're looking for a venue, while Canonical unveils a major rebranding for Ubuntu 10.04. We reveal which presenter had the most SUSE Studio downloads and report back on our time spent with Ubuntu 4.10.
What's in the show
- You Dare Us:
- We reveal who had the most SUSE Studio downloads and report back on our time spent with Ubuntu 4.10, the aptly named Warty Warthog. We also decide on a new challenge for the next two weeks.
- Discovery of the week:
- Andrew: Ubuntu's SoftwareCenter is alright and VirtualBox is actually easier to use than it sounds.
- Mike: There are 1269 instances of the word 'broken', 1281 instances of 'workaround' and 29 mentions of 'braindamaged' in the Linux kernel source code.
- Graham: Ace image batch processing with Phatch.
- In the Hot Seat:
- Open Ballot: would you hire the FSF for the role of Linux PR department?
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to to 55% - that's just $7.62 an issue!
- This episode's victim is Paul Hudson.
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Paul Hudson, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders
Music by Brad Sucks.