Podcast Season 2 Episode 7
Title: Passive Electioneering
In this episode: Lucid Lynx, Ubuntu 10.04, is nearly here. And Valve might be porting Steam to Linux. Discover how we coped with two weeks of Z shell and what we think is the biggest threat to Linux.
What's in the show
Canonical is about to announce the release of its much anticipated Ubuntu 10.04, the Lucid Lynx, pending a small delay thanks to a last minute dual-boot bug. Valve's game delivery system, Steam, along with its Source game engine could be making its way to Linux. And Oracle is now charging $90 for Sun's Microsoft Office to ODF converter.
- You Dare Us:
Find out how we coped using Z shell for two weeks, and discover the results of our music making challenge.
- Discovery of the week:
- Mike: Audit your system to reveal its free software rating with the virtual Richard M Stallman.
- Graham: Chrome's Developer Tools are great for improving your website's performance.
- Andrew: Someone in Dave Cameron's PR department has heard of Linux.
- In the Hot Seat:
- Open Ballot:
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to 40%
- This episode unwitting victim is Graham Morrison.
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Paul Hudson, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders
Music by Brad Sucks.