Podcast Season 3 Episode 13
Title: Wizard of OS
In this episode: Sabayon 6 has been released, Google launches a new social network and Red Hat is doing well. Share in our discoveries, hear our ideas for a 'You Dare Us' replacement and you tackle Firefox version numbers in our Open Ballot.
What's in the show:
- Discovery of the week:
- If you lived in the UK for 3 months between 1980 and 1996, you can't give blood in the USA.
- Generate random number at random.org
- Pitted against Mint, Ubuntu wireless networking wins.
- Pitted against Ubuntu, Mint's user-friendly error reporting wins.
- KDE's text editor, Kate, has a great snippets plugin - if only the dev team could document its features and make it more stable.
- Skype's latest update for Android includes the space-age video chat feature, as predicted by his childhood.
- You can autocomplete commands from your Bash history by pressing 'ctrl-r' and typing.
- And FabFi is a DIY open source wireless mesh solution for transmitting ethernet across several miles.
- You Dare Us:
With your help, we've come up with a new plan for this section.
- Speak Your Brains:
We respond to three more of your emails. Thanks for the excellent feedback. As ever, if you'd like this section to continue email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
- Open Ballot: Is Firefox moving too quickly?
- We're still on Facebook! You can join the party here.
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to 40%
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Efrain Hernandez-Mendoza, Graham Morrison and Jonathan Roberts and Mike Saunders.Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.