Title: Live from Andrew's House
In this episode: Apple asserts its patents against HTC. CentOS 6 has been released while GNU Hurd might be ready for the next Debian. Listen to our discoveries and your opinions, and share our joy in finally managing to complete a You Dare Us challenge.
What's in the show:
Apple has partially succeeded in asserting two of its patents against HTC (and Google has now pledged support for HTC). CentOS 6 has been released and GNU Hurd threatens to be ready for the next Debian release, according to the most recent progress report. And Mike and Graham are off to Portland next week for OSCON 2011. Say hello if you see them and check TuxRadar.com for reports on their adventure.
- Discovery of the week:
- Installing Debian 6 is a 'labyrinthine' proces.
- Dixons wasn't founded by someone with the name of Dixon.
- There's a new Red Hat Enterprise Linux rebuild, Ascendos.
- IBM does good things for Linux.
- and Mission Burritos is opening a restaurant in Bath.
- You Dare Us:
- Speak Your Brains:
We respond to three more of your five emails. Thanks for the great feedback. As ever, if you'd like this section to continue email email@example.com today.
- Open Ballot: Is it time to start trusting Microsoft?
- We think we're still on Facebook! You can check here.
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to 40%
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Efrain Hernandez-Mendoza, Graham Morrison and Jonathan Roberts and Mike Saunders.
Subscribe to the TuxRadar Podcast. Choose between Ogg Vorbis
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.
You should follow us on Identi.ca or Twitter