Podcast Season 3 Episode 20
Title: Whisky Galore
In this episode: Ubuntu 11.10 has been released and includes lots of innovation and fixes. LibreOffice is coming to both a web browser and Android device near you, and co-founder of UNIX, Dennis Ritchie, has died. Share in the joy of our discoveries, hear us rant and rave, and listen to your own opinions in our Open Ballot.
Subliminal Advert: Download a free copy of issue 149 of Linux Format through our new Apple iPhone/iPad/Touch app.
What's in the show:
- Discovery of the week:
- Type the words 'Richard Stallman' into Google and the second auto-suggestion adds 'is an idiot'
- The PiTiVi project includes an audio file to help you understand how to pronounce the project's name.
- In Arch, you can get Tracker in Gnome Shell to include Google Docs by running the xdg update tool.
- As it's the height of mushroom picking season, 75 year old Roger Philips has put his magnum opus on avoiding Destroying Angels, online, for free.
- KBruchs, a mathematical educational tool for KDE, is brilliant and demystifying fractions.
- The Mexican Constitution is available as an app on the Android Market.
- Pleasantly New Section: Rants and Raves
Graham and Mike tackle the almost new section in their own low-key styles.
- Speak Your Brains:
Thanks for your contributions. And as ever, if you'd like this section to continue, don't delay - email email@example.com today.
- Open Ballot: Has Ubuntu 11.10 fixed the problems with Unity?
- Check to see if we're still on Facebook here.
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to 40%
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Efrain Hernandez-Mendoza, Graham Morrison and Jonathan Roberts.Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
USA listeners can subscribe to Linux Format magazine from here, http://tinyurl.com/lxfoffer, whilst then rest of us can use the following link - http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/content/lp/linuxformat.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.