Podcast Season 3 Episode 8
Title: Nutty Narwhal
In this episode: Ubuntu 11.04 is almost here, while Oracle drops OpenOffice.org and there was a third humble indie bundle. Discover our discoveries, hear how we fared with Gnome Shell and the results of our Open Ballot.
What's in the show:
- Discovery of the week:
- On 29th April, at around 21:00 BST in Southern England, it should be possible to see the Space Shuttle Endeavour and its recently separated external fuel tank as they sweep across the evening sky.
- 'Contributing' (http://contributing.appspot.com) is a great portal if you want to file a bug report or contribute to a project.
- Effy's six year old daughter, Rosy, has been using open source software at school for the last two years.
- The music player, Songbird, can display random images from the internet related to a song's title.
- You Dare Us:
Hear how we fared with Gnome Shell over the last two weeks.
- Speak Your Brains:
We respond to both of your emails. If you'd this section to make a return, email email@example.com today.
- Open Ballot: has desktop fragmentation gone too far?
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to 40%
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Efrain Hernandez-Mendoza, Graham Morrison, Jonathan Roberts and Mike Saunders.Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.