Podcast Season 4 Episode 14
Title: Silver lining
In this episode: There's a problem with Nvidia's proprietary graphics drivers and it looks like Nokia might sell its interest in the Qt toolkit. There's another Linux audio framework on the horizon and we meet Linus Torvalds. Share in our discoveries, listen to fellow listeners' brains and hear your own opinions in our Open Ballot.
What's in the show:
- Lightning News:
There's an escalation bug in Nvidia's proprietary driver, and it has so far been ignored. It looks like Nokia is trying to sell its Qt assets. There's a another Linux audio framework on the horizon - could Klang be the answer? Early kernel 3.5 reports indicate there's a power problem with Intel hardware. And team LXF went to OSCON and spoke to Linus Torvalds.
- Discovery of the week:
- The Linux kernel swear count.
- He ordered a Rasperry Pi on Friday, from element14, and it arrived yesterday.
- The independent brewing scene in Portland is awesome.
- There's much to learn from LinkedIn's password leak.
- Red Hat Certification does improve your job prospects. This will be Jon's last podcast :(
- Rants and Raves
Andrew rants and Graham raves.
- Speak Your Brains:
Thanks to both Josh and Edward for their thoughts. You are both awesome! If you want this section to continue, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Ballot: What does Gnome have to do to win back users and developers?
- We're updating Facebook again.
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save lots
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Ben Everard, Graham Morrison and Jonathan RobertsOgg Vorbis and MP3.
USA listeners can subscribe to Linux Format magazine from here, http://tinyurl.com/lxfoffer, whilst then rest of us can use the following link - http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/content/lp/linuxformat.
Only print subscribers get access to our complete collection of DRM-free PDFs and early access to the latest issue.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.