Title: Penguin Jazz Cafe
In this episode: Even more Raspberry Pi delay. Munich saves the euro by switching to Linux. Vivaldi has sold out, Gnome 3.4 has been released and Microsoft releases lots of ASP stuff under the Apache 2.0 licence. Share our discoveries, hear us rant and rave and study your own opinions in the internet famous, Open Ballot.
What's in the show:
- Lightning News:
- Discovery of the week:
- Find the best text books that introduce you to any field, thanks to LessWrong.com. The original thread on Metafilter can be found here.
- Thanks to Steve Smethurst, you can avoid USB mounting problems with a udev rule stolen from the Arch wiki.
- If you switch the Distrowatch charts to the last seven days, Pear OS is currently number two.
- Rants and Raves
Our victims in this episode are Jon and Andrew.
- Speak Your Brains:
Thanks Huw and Not Huw! If you'd like this section to continue, email email@example.com.
- Open Ballot: Do you care about software freedom, or is it just because it's free?
- Check to see if we're still on Facebook here.
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save lots
Presenters: Ben Everard, Andrew Gregory, Graham Morrison and Jonathan Roberts
Subscribe to the TuxRadar Podcast. Choose between Ogg Vorbis
USA listeners can subscribe to Linux Format magazine from here, http://tinyurl.com/lxfoffer, whilst then rest of us can use the following link - http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/content/lp/linuxformat.
Digital Editions: Linux Format is available on both Apple's iPhone/iPad/Touch and Android devices through Zinio. Only print subscribers get access to our complete collection of DRM-free PDFs and early access to the latest issue.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks. Many thanks to Andrew for letting us use his humble abode.
You should follow us on Identi.ca or Twitter