Podcast Season 5 Episode 9
Title: Araminta Station
In this episode: Mint 15 is here! There's a new Fedora-based respin for the Raspberry Pi. The city of Munich and the country of Australia make great progress in moving towards open source and there's a new Humble Bundle. Hear our discoveries and your own Open Ballot opinions, plus, we welcome a new member to the team.
Alert! Buy Linux Format on Google Play.
What's in the show:
Mint 15 'Olivia' has been released! Many congrats to the team. There's a new distribution for the Raspberry Pi. This one is called 'Pidora' and it's a remix of Fedora. Football Manager 2014 is coming to Linux, thanks to Steam. There's a new Humble Bundle and it includes Dear Esther, Capsized, Awesomenauts, Thomas Was Alone, Little Inferno, and if you pay more than the average, Hotline Miami and Proteus. Munich has finished its transition to Linux. Australia's government switches to ODF.
- Discovery of the week:
- You can run a 5v Arduino at 3.3v (by under-clocking it) so it can easily connect to many things, including the 3.3v Raspberry Pi.
- Gnome-Tweak-Tool should be a default part of the Gnome desktop.
- Speak Your Brains:
- Challenge Us:
- Open Ballot: Do you ever see yourself switching back to Windows or Mac OS X
- Join the conversation in our IRC channel: #linuxformat on freenode.net.
- Our scripts are apparently updating Facebook again.
- Special offer: A subscription to Linux Format magazine will postpone the date when we have to get real jobs.
Many thanks to Corbin for sending in his brains. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. with your own suggestions/questions.
Yes, we almost accomplished something with this challenge. Hear from Chris Thornett about his experiences using Linux.
Presenters: Ben Everard, Andrew Gregory, Graham Morrison and Chris Thornett.Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
USA listeners can subscribe to Linux Format magazine from here, http://tinyurl.com/lxfoffer1, whilst then rest of us can use the following link - http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/content/lp/linuxformat.
Digital Editions: Linux Format is now available on Android and Chrome with Google Play Magazines, from just £3.99 per issue. It's also available on both Apple's iPhone/iPad/Touch and Android devices through Zinio. You can also purchase individual copies from the Ubuntu Software Centre.
Only print subscribers get access to our complete collection of DRM-free PDFs and early access to the latest issue.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.